13 Secrets for Speaking Fluent Japanese by Giles Murray explores 13 ways of making your Japanese study more interesting and enjoyable.
The 13 secrets that Murray provides are:
- Using abbreviations.
- Learning how to explain words you don’t know.
- Different readings for the numbers 1-10.
- Understanding numbers over 10,000.
- Using If… then statements.
- Using synonyms.
- Getting an Japanese girlfriend or boyfriend.
- Using adverbs.
- Children’s word games.
- Using prefixes and suffixes.
- Learning from jokes and puns.
- Using loanwords and Japlish.
- Learning from manga.
There’s also an appendix on memorizing vocabulary using the association technique. At just $17.00, Murray’s book is a bargin. You can get it even cheaper from Amazon, for $11.05, saving you 35%($5.95)